2100 Highland Corporate Drive Cumberland, RI 02864
- The Patient Support Specialist is responsible for providing concise patient and prescription information in accordance with HIPAA requirements via various sources.
- This position maintains and supports the integrity of the Privacy Office to ensure HIPAA compliance when providing Protected Health Information.
- Additionally, the person in this role provides support to Client' s Compliance and Persistency Programs.
- Consult with patients in accordance with client guidelines and state rules with direction from RN.
- Provide patients with support on medication reactions.
- Inform patients of strep test results or other documented findings in their records as requested.
- Assist patients with general information as required.
- Call patients back in timely manner.
- Initiate patient concern process, data entry, and appropriate follow up via electronic and phone.
- Print and mail visit summaries to Primary Care Providers PCP' s) that were unable to be faxed.
- Triage patient symptoms for acuity and recognize when clinically appropriate to refer callers to other facilities such as Specialist, Urgent Care, or Emergency Rooms.
- Report critical clinical patient information to high level practitioners.
- Ascertain what patients are within the scope of client practitioners and if not provide alternative suggestions.
- Interpret and report value parameters of lab results to patients and practitioners.
- Understand and follow all regulations and standards concerning protected healthcare information and HIPAA.
- Provide quality assurance by reporting practices that are out of scope for client to District Managers of Operations.
- Educate patients about their current diagnosis and proper follow up care.
- Inbound call center experience in a high-volume or fast-paced customer service setting.
- Healthcare billing experience and experience explaining coverage to patients is a plus.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and experience with electronic medical records and data entry also a plus.
- Required Qualifications- 1+ years of customer service experience required.
- 1+ years using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook in a professional or academic setting
- High School diploma or GED.