Risk Adj Coder
8725 Henderson Road Tampa, FL 33634
Job Title: Certified Professional Coder
Location: Tampa FL 33634
Flexible Shift: 8am -5pm or 7am - 3: 30pm
Pay: $25.00 - $27.00
Description: Codes, abstracts and analyzes inpatient and/or outpatient medical records using International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision (ICD-9) for CMS risk adjustment purposes.
- Codes, abstracts and analyzes inpatient and/or outpatient medical records using International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision (ICD-9)
- Always coding to the highest level of specificity
- Follows the Official ICD-9 guidelines for Coding and Reporting and has a complete understanding of these guideline.
- Follows CMS risk adjustment guidelines and has a complete understanding of these guidelines
- Understands the impact of ICD-9 codes on the CMS HCC risk adjustment model
- Ability to meet productivity and accuracy standards.
- Ability to defend coding decisions to both internal and external audits
- A High School or GED Required or equivalent work experience
- A Bachelor' s Degree in a related field Preferred or Experience Level
- 2+ years of experience in professional coding experience either in a hospital or physician setting
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or CCS Preferred
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Knowledge of medical terminology and/or experience with CPT and ICD-9 coding
- Advanced Ability to work independently
- Working knowledge of CMS risk adjustment model
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word
- Required knowledge of Healthcare Management Systems (Generic)
- Full benefits available after 90 days: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-term Disability
- 401k after 1 year of employment: With employer match and profit sharing
- Wellness Program: Now including FITNESS benefits!
- Competitive Pay Rate!
- Work Life Balance