5206 Research Dr San Antonio, TX 78240 US
If you are interested in this Medical Scheduler position, please contact MarTzha at 586-960-3872 or email@example.com
Medical Scheduler Compensation
- The pay for this position is $18 - $20 per hour
- Benefits are available to full-time employees after 90 days of employment
- A 401(k) with a company match is available for full-time employees with 1 year of service on our eligibility dates
- This position is a contract assignment with potential to hire on permanently based upon attendance, performance, and business needs
- The required availability for this position is
- Mon-Fri 8:30am - 5pm
- No weekends, call, or major holidays.
- Answers all incoming calls; assesses callers’ needs and directs to appropriate personnel and pages clinic personnel as appropriate. Obtains and communicates messages in an accurate and timely manner.
- Schedules new patients, patient referrals and returning patients in computer system in accordance with physician and/or office guidelines. For new and or referred patients, sets up in system with appropriate documentation and coding. Cancels/reschedules appointments according to physician schedule changes; notifies appropriate clinic personnel.
- Obtains and enters all insurance authorization, and correspondence relating to referrals in patients charts and/or electronic medical records (EMR).
- Collects co-pays, deductible and other out of pocket amounts at time of visit.
- Maintains primary office scheduling template containing physician meetings, satellite schedule, rounding and call coverage.
- Arranges for patients to have financial counseling as needed.
- Demonstrates an understanding of patient confidentiality to protect the patient and clinic/practice.
- Follows policies and procedures to contribute to the efficiency of the front office. Covers for other front office functions as requested.
- Prepares correspondence, memos, forms, and other typing as requested by supervisor.
- May schedule outpatient appointments/testing/surgeries and hospital admissions upon request. Obtains necessary pre-certification as required.
- May communicate to patient about surgeries or tests being scheduled and potential prep work needed, inquiring about test specifics from necessary parties and gathering patient information as needed
- May be responsible for follow up on all pre-operative tests to ensure cleared for surgical procedure and communicates with physician and patients if further testing is required before surgery is performed.
- May be responsible for scheduling post-operative follow up appointments with Physicians.
- Where applicable, basic understanding of medical terminology for tests and surgical procedures, including coding and ability to look up codes specific to diagnosis, surgery and scheduling procedure.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 0-3 years’ experience preferably in a medical office setting
- Knowledge of medical terminology and coding a plus.
- Must have excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) required.
- Attendance is mandatory for the first 90 days
MarTzha Hurtt / MHurtt@ALineStaffing.com / (586) 960-3872