Senior Manager, Technical Accounting
- Responsible for directing the Global WBA organization on US GAAP related technical accounting issues.
- Responsibilities may include leading implementation of new US GAAP guidance (e.g., new Accounting Standards Update or ASUs), tracking FASB and SEC developments, developing accounting policies, procedures, advising on significant mergers and acquisitions (M&As) transactions, and providing trainings.
- Leads the Company’ s implementation of new accounting pronouncements.
- Advises business on technical accounting inquiries.
- Contributes to accounting for various business transactions such as business combinations and equity method investments.
- Tracks and updates new accounting pronouncements.
- Manages and contributes to various technical accounting training events both in the US and globally Reviews accounting results.
- Collaborates with SEC reporting and other global finance teams in the preparation of SEC filings
- Proposes recommendations for changes and improvements to accounting policies/procedures.
- Drives and partners with cross-functional teams to develop and implement approved changes
- Prepares and/or reviews reports supporting internal and external audits.
- Works with internal and external audit as needed.
- Mentors, coaches, and develops employees through orientation, training, establishment of objectives, communication of policies and rules, and constructive discipline; builds morale and motivation
- May provide leadership, support and managerial review to a small team.