Senior Software Engineer
Maryland Heights, MO 63043
- Analyzes, designs the framework for and participates in the development of business intelligence reports and other information objects.
- Conducts code reviews of highly critical code or code which is using new technologies.
- Creates database tables and cubes utilizing academic methodology (normal forms) ensuring business smart resource allocation.
- Creates frameworks to provide accurate information quickly to the organization.
- Analyze, design and build reports and assists in the creation of data marts as needed.
- Designs user interfaces and dashboards using the Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack and .Net architecture.
- Establishes standards.
- Coordinates between teams to make sure best technology practices are understood and are being followed.
- Monitors ETL schedules and develops new ETLs to support new application and dashboard/information delivery.
- Researches, finds, and evaluates new technology.
- Determines the best technologies to use for our environment considering future direction, risk, consistency and R.O.I.
- Takes into account the technology changes have taken place over the years, and helps project the trends for the future.
- Trains and mentors programming staff on use of new technologies.
- Responsible for large scale SQL development that drives cubes and information exchange for decision support applications and BI dashboards.
- Interviews teams and organizational leads to develop business process design maps to support new BI projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Works with Integration Manager, Analysts and business SMEs to develop reports required to support Medical Pharmacy line of business as well as CMS regulatory requirements.
- Works with representatives from downstream teams to identify system and data changes that may impact existing or new reports.
- Actively participates in reporting transformation process to transition from existing state of manual adhoc reports to automation with focus on self-service using tools such as SnapLogic and Tableau to expedite the transformation process.
- 5-7yrs experience working in Cognos BI tools using Cognos Framework Managerm Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis studio, etc.
- Experienced in Cognos 10, 8, ReportNet with report Studio, Framework Managerm Query Studio, Analysis Studio and Cognos Connection.
- Strong understanding of dimensional modeling of Star Schemas, Snow-Flake Schemes Methodologies and building enterporise date warehouses.
- Extensively used Framework Manager, Query Studio and Report Studio for model designm, ad-hoc reporting and advanced report authoring.
- Prior experience interacting with customers for requirements gatheringm effective analysis and end-user training.
- Worked with Different Databases like Oracle 8i/9i/10g, SQL Server 2000, DB2.
- Prior experience using Tableau and SnapLogic.
For more information, please contact our office at 877-782-3334.