Senior Staff Auditor
The Senior Staff Auditor will be responsible for supervising teams who perform operational, financial and compliance risk-based audits throughout the company in order to ensure risks are properly mitigated so that the company can achieve its objectives. Additional responsibilities include ensuring the company is complying with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
- Effectively oversee the completion of all phases of the audit process for assigned audits and special projects.
- Actively participate in system development and conversion projects to ensure internal control objectives are considered and met.
- Perform operational, financial, compliance and other risk-based audits as prescribed by the audit plan to evaluate processes to ensure effective and efficient risk management practices.
- Cultivate and maintain ongoing dialogue with management to continuously monitor risks and identify opportunities to perform audits.
- Assist in the annual testing and internal control assessments required by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
- Demonstrate strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Prepare and present appropriate written findings to management and executive management on a regular basis.
- Consult with the Company' s external auditors and provide assistance as needed during the financial and internal control audit processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- 5+ years of experience in internal or external auditing.
- Working knowledge of GAAP, GAAS, COSO Framework, PCAOB Standards and internal auditing principles.
- Ability to successfully work with all levels of management including external auditors and business unit leaders.
- Proficient user of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and flowcharting software (e.g. Visio).
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor or Certified Information Systems Auditor preferred.
- Healthcare experience preferred.