Software Developer – Snowflake/Salesforce
Charlotte, NC US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Title: Software Developer – Snowflake/Salesforce
Charlotte, NC Hybrid
This is NOT a C2C Position
Assists higher level developers, or may be responsible for coding, testing, supporting and debugging new or enhanced software and responding to business client issues Works with higher level developers to learn about design and variety of problems that can exist with current software applications and technologies Ability to work independently to define, manage, and complete activities May interact directly with business clients for purposes of gathering and conveying information Analyzes issues and uses judgment to make decisions Provides constructive feedback to the team, suggesting actions to improve individual and team performance Knowledge of coding, testing, supporting and debugging software Ability to gather and convey information to business clients Understands how the IT group operates and how his/her role meets customer needs and creates value Outlines potential cost/savings outcomes of technology use Tailors the information to appeal to the level and interest of others To the extent that it is reasonable, goes the extra mile to make sure that each individuals needs are met Identifies opportunities or problems and acts quickly and decisively to respond to the situation Takes initiative to work on challenging or stretch work assignments Takes full advantage of opportunities to develop his/her skills.
- 3-5+ years of experience in design and deployment of web-based applications
- Knowledge of all phases of software development including design, coding, testing, debugging, implementation, and support
- Experience in agile development methodology
- Utilizes JIRA or other project management tool for test case recording, maintains documentation
- Some experience with Java, C++ preferred
- Experience with Java and/or other non-Microsoft OOP languages a plus
- Successful development of scalable, high-performance and distributed services through multiple ship-cycles
- Ability to thoroughly understand the business client requirements and translate them into robust code
- Demonstrated team focus and relationship building
- Demonstrated organizational ability to manage workload in a dynamic environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience working with complex and diverse development tools, including Hadoop, Snowflake, SQL DBMS (e.g., Oracle SQL, MS SQL, MySQL), web (e.g., HTML, XML), shell (e.g., bash, Perl)
- Have hands-on coding skills in one or more desirable cloud-applicable programming languages, such as Python, R, Ruby, Java, and .NET.
- Understand key cyber security concepts
- Understand terminology and concepts across popular public cloud services, including the “cloud computing stack,” i.e., Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS).
If you think this position is a good fit, please reach out to me - feel free to call, text, e-mail, or apply to this posting!