Software Developer - Autosar
21680 Haggerty Rd Northville, MI 48167 US
Embedded Software Engineer
We are transforming the future of personalized passenger thermal comfort with the smart, individual climate zone solution, tailored to the autonomous, electrified and ridesharing ecosystem of the future. Software will be the key driver for the transformation of our company as well as for an entire industry. We are seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer in the Advanced Systems Organization based in Northville, MI. This position will be responsible for design, development and verification of microclimate control algorithms using simulation-based techniques, code generation and integration into production intent embedded platforms.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Lead and coach software developers, developing Microclimate control algorithms.
- Demonstrate best-practice software development utilizing model-based design (MBD).
- Work with system team to establish best-in-class software requirement and validation process.
- Define technical concepts to integrate generated code into production intent embedded platforms.
- Lead software integration and validation
- Roll out model-based design principals in additional projects and platforms globally
- Leverage best-practice software development methodologies and apply continuous improvement
- Collaborate with cross-functional and cross-regional teams working in an agile development environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Controls, Software or Mechanical Engineering or similar degree
- 10 years minimum experience in developing embedded control algorithms using Model-Based Design and MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow
- Experience with C programming and deploying embedded software on production microcontrollers
- Familiarity with automotive electronics hardware, software and systems requirements, functional objectives and validation methods and tools
- Experience with agile tools and methods
- Experience in problem identification and resolution
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication and business relation skills
- Preferred Qualifications
- Expert using MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow
- Relevant experience with climate systems calibration, software or controls
- Experience with debuggers, emulators, compilers, static and dynamic test tools
- Experience with automotive process standards (ASPICE, CMMI, ISO-26262)
- Experience using Jira and Confluence for software planning
- Experience in use of IBM Rational Tool Set (Jazz, RM, QM)
- Experience with Vector tools (CANalyzer, CANoe, etc.)
- Experience with automotive communications protocols such as CAN, LIN
TRAVEL: Up to 10%, Local / Global
- Deliver Results
- Understand the mission and output of your team; set SMART objectives and deliver
- Drive Change
- Focus on agility and commitment to continuous improvement; Understand and act on internal and external drivers of change
- Build Capability
- Foster a culture of learning and development; Support individual growth through continuous feedback to achieve personal and professional goals
- Cultivate Innovation
- Openly embrace, create, implement and support new and innovative ideas, processes and technology that deliver business results
If you think this position is a good fit for you, please reach out to me - feel free to call, text, e-mail, or apply to this posting!