Sr. Scientist III
1400-1500 Seaport Boulevard Redwood City, CA 94063
Full time Scientist III - Translational Oncology Precision Medicine openings based out of the Redwood City, CA 94063 area with a major pharmaceutical company! Starting ASAP! Apply now with Luke H. at A-Line!
Job Summary: The Precision Medicine Translational Oncology group is committed to drive translational and biomarker efforts for our oncology pipeline. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a passion for oncology research who enjoys working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. He/she will be responsible for contributing to efforts to identifying pharmacodynamic biomarkers tumor indications patient sensitivity and selection biomarkers and mechanism-based drug combinations for the company’ s Oncology pipeline. The candidate is expected to have strong scientific foundation in the understanding and implementation of a wide range of biochemical molecular and cell-based assays and readouts. The successful candidate will work both within the Translational Oncology group and as a member of cross-functional interdisciplinary teams.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8 hours/day and 40 hours/week, typically an 8am-5pm schedule with some flexibility in start and end times
Pay: $40 - $50 hourly (determined on experience)
- BS or MS degree in Immunology Cell Biology Oncology or other biology discipline with 8 years of related lab work experience in either academia or industry or a PhD.
- Experience with immunological techniques, flow cytometry, intracellular staining, cytotoxicity assays, ELISA, ELISpot, etc., primary cell culture tissue processing, as well as standard molecular biology and biochemical techniques
- Experience with human or mouse primary sample processing and cell based functional assay is highly desirable
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills as well as excellence and productivity in independent research
- Good verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Full benefits available after 90 days: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-term Disability
- 401k after 1 year of employment: With employer match and profit sharing
- GREAT Hours! 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday. NO WEEKENDS OR NIGHTS!
- Competitive Pay Rate
Keywords: Chemist, Chemistry, Oncology, Precision Medicine, Cell Biology, immunological techniques, flow cytometry, intracellular staining, cytotoxicity assays, ELISA, ELISpot, Translational Oncology, Protein Analytical Chemistry, CMC, (Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls), Organic Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, HPLC, CMO, ADC, icIEF, Biochemistry, Big-Pharma, Biopharma, Biotechnology, Protein Metrics, Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Tropical Diseases, TB, Tuberculosis, Regulatory Compliance, Clinical, Medical, Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Clinical Trials, Clinical Research, biotherapeutic protein, Pharmacology, Healthcare, Pharmacy, Lab, Laboratory, Quality Assurance.