Sr. .NET Application Developer
26777 Halsted Road Farmington, MI 48331 US
Title: Senior .NET Application Developer
Location: Farmington, MI (Hybrid 2 days a week onsite)
This is a Direct Hire Opportunity
Note: This role is NOT open for C2C
Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in key technologies used in application development. Ensures quality of work products within the team. Provides and/or facilitates the planning, analysis, design, development, implementation, and maintenance of software applications.
Essential Tasks/Major Duties
- Participate in the requirements gathering phase, design and preparation of specifications for new projects and/or existing systems.
- Analyze and recommend specific tools or techniques to implement application solutions.
- Train and assist application development team members in use of key supporting technologies as needed, ensuring quality of work products within the team through peer reviews.
- Works with other Application Development team members to estimate, plan and schedule tasks to meet assigned target dates.
- Document new and existing systems, develop workflows, and create other supporting documents in adherence to all departmental and corporate standards.
- Obtain approvals and consult with production control as needed to prepare programs/systems for implementation; correspond with clients to implement operations programs/enhancements and identify/resolve problems.
- Review completed code, documentation and other deliverables to ensure that they meet specifications and requirements based on defined expectations.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 7 years application development experience.
- Insurance or financial services industry experience with breadth of application types is a plus.
- Demonstrated successful subject matter expert (SME) level experience and knowledge of one or more web software development platforms, tools and database management systems including Microsoft .NET, C##, MVC, Web Forms, SharePoint, SQL Server, or Oracle DBMS.
- Demonstrated successful experience in one or more systems development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies, including those that support agile / iterative development.
- Demonstrated successful extensive experience and knowledge of data structure and database concepts and practices.
- Proficient computer skills required including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated successful ability to build positive relationships and partnerships within department, across the organization and with external customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to function in a fast paced, highly visible, and changing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with internal and external customers.
If you think this position is a good fit for you, please reach out to me - feel free to call, text, e-mail, or apply to this posting!