Sr. Data Developer
1301 W. Long Lake Road Troy, MI 48098 US
ur client is actively seeking a Senior Data Developer. We are looking for someone who can help us acquire, ingest, store, organize, transform, map, relate, process, extract, and package this data using efficient, optimized, state-of-industry tools and methods to help us deliver this content to our customers.
The Data team is undergoing growth and is looking for someone to share our mission to transform our company’s future. With this position, you will have a rare opportunity to use your talents, passions, and expertise to help drive significant change in how we build, organize, and optimize our backend systems and data processes.
This position offers excellent career growth and promotional opportunities, stellar compensation, and an opportunity to work with the world's a world leader in data services.
Required Experience (must have)
- Expert SQL Server Development experience (Minimum 8 years’ experience), in versions MS SQL 2000 through MS SQL 2019.
- Expert backend designer, capable of managing high-level architecture while adding or optimizing components
- Adept at optimizing and refactoring and upgrading legacy systems
- Excellent performance tuning skills regarding data models and SQL code
- Good data modeler with data analytic skills
- Strong ETL experience, with emphasis on complex transformations and large data sets
- SSIS, Talend, or Kettle preferred
- Relentless troubleshooter and investigator, proficient with SQL Profiler, Extended Events, Query Store etc.
- Strong automated testing experience
- Octopus Deploy, Red Gate SQL Change Automation, Red Gate SQL Toolbelt, or equivalent CI/CD
- AWS Experience (Minimum one to two years’ experience)
- AWS lambda functions (Python preferred)
- AWS databases (Aurora, DynamoDB, or Redshift preferred)
- AWS storage services (EC2, S3 preferred)
- Quick learner: astute and perceptive; keeps up to date on new and emerging technologies
- Technical evangelist who can educate and mentor other SQL developers
- Excellent communicator -- articulate, persuasive, professional
Helpful Experience (nice to have)
- AWS Cloud Formation or Rapid solution prototyping
- AWS Glue and Scala
- AWS Step Functions, State Machines, and Control Flow
- Data Lake experience or similar (AWS preferred)
- Graph Data Base or other NoSQL experience
- TFS, Azure DevOps, or Jira project management/requirements management
- Git or TFVC version control
- Scrum and DevOps experience
- Research, architect, and develop innovative multi-tiered solutions using modern tools and methodologies with a goal for technical excellence
- Work closely with other developers, architects, and stakeholders to provide estimates based on customer experience, features, and envisioned solutions
- Ensure architecture and design of the solution is in alignment with overall enterprise architecture
- Solve problems and proactively look for ways to improve our products and platform
If you think this position is a good fit for you, please reach out to me - feel free to call, text, e-mail, or apply to this posting!
Not Eligible for C2C