Sr. Data Solutions Architect
257 N Calderwood St 107 Aloca, TN 37701 US
Title: Senior Data Solutions Architect
Location: REMOTE (MUST RESIDE IN Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin, Florida, Georgia, Texas, or North & South Carolina)
This is a Direct hire Opportunity
Salary Range: $73,400-$92,000 annually
Note: This role is NOT open for C2C
Responsible for the development, implementation, performance, integrity and security of data-driven business solutions. Drives the innovation, build and maintenance of data-driven solutions to improve business insights and productivity across the enterprise. The Sr Data Solutions Architect’s passion for technology and innovation will help shape the future of enterprise data technologies and business insights now and for years to come. Collaborates with analysts, architects, and business leaders across the enterprise, creating strategically sound architectures and solutions. They will be involved in the planning and developing of business data/solutions, as well as troubleshooting any issues on behalf of end users. Understanding the business and their challenges will be key to delivering successful architecture and solutions. The ideal candidate will have a passion for innovation and a broad skillset in both data architecture and analysis along with a strong understanding of business strategy. They must be a team-player willing to perform in various roles as needed by the team including coaching and mentoring to other members of the Business Insights team. Strong communication skills will be needed to be effective in both technical and business discussions.
Business Insight and Collaboration:
- Provides expert advice, guidance and counsel to business leaders across the enterprise.
- Translates requirements and business success criteria into technical designs and specifications.
- Conducts analysis to determine best path for solving business problems/opportunities that may include data development, automation and/or general process improvement.
- Aligns strategic goals and objectives with decisions regarding data and/or process optimization opportunities.
- Collaborates with business units across the enterprise to turn data into knowledge so they can make better decisions faster.
- Works with business leaders and analysts across the enterprise to analyze and help define requirements, mine and analyze data, and integrate data from a variety of sources.
- Collaborates with business units across the enterprise and centralized IT to share ideas and developed solutions.
- Serves as subject matter expert in meetings with analysts and business leaders across the enterprise, providing input, analysis and data to support key initiatives across the business.
Solution Architecture and Delivery Management:
- Presents innovative and effective data solutions to business leaders or IT and develop contingency plans to ensure smooth transition of any changes to current system processes.
- Analyzes and evaluates data flows and solutions for business logic, performance and architecture alignment.
- Leads discovery workshops, performing data profiling, requirements gathering, process mapping, and the development of data-driven business solutions.
- Responsible for Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) process for databases.
- Migrates manual processes or reporting currently being implemented through desktop software to servers for improved data integrity, security and speed.
- Proliferates common business vocabulary for maximizing user base interpretation of data across the enterprise.
- Creates and maintains data definitions, data models, standard methodologies and governance.
- Verifies that all changes have been accepted by key stakeholders prior to production deployments.
Production Support Management:
- Works with business leaders to maintain continued functionality of data and processes.
- Performs routine audits on data and processes managed by the team.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots performance issues and takes corrective actions to solve issues.
- Leads in communicating new data and processes to report builders and other data users.
- Drives the optimization of continuous integration and applies required infrastructure, technologies and techniques for rapidly introducing database related changes to the user base.
- Responsible to independently make a broad range of critical decisions, escalating to executive-level associates when appropriate.
- Proven ability to understand business needs and translate into data.
- Proven significant experience in Advanced Analytics and BI reporting is required with demonstrated track record of architecture and design.
- Proven business-to-technology translation skills for identifying ways to apply solutions to help business units across the enterprise increase productivity.
- Demonstrated experience with agile/DevOps development principles.
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting and resolution.
- Proven presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
- Demonstrated understanding of database management principles and methodologies, including data structures, data modeling, data warehousing and transaction processing.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and passion for business strategy and business processes.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills (written/oral) and ability to communicate complex technical information to all stakeholders, including those who do not have a technical background.
- Proven strong negotiation, problem-solving skills and ability to work with others to make decisions in a timely manner to keep projects on track.
- Proven ability to conceive and portray the big data picture - specifically the ability to see how individual systems, data and application components interact with the enterprise (big picture thinking).
- Manages multiple deadlines and works with minimal supervision.
- Work from Home
- Works in an office setting and remains in a stationary position for long periods of time while working at a desk, on a computer or with other standard office equipment, or while in meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in an information technology field. Less than a bachelor’s degree may be acceptable if accompanied by other technical training or extensive experience in positions that demonstrate required abilities and performance.
Computer Skills and Knowledge of Hardware & Software Required:
- 5+ years SQL experience (data modeling, performance tuning, etc.).
- 3+ years data architecture experience.
- Proven experience with predictive analytics, data visualization and unstructured data.
- Advanced proficiency in data modeling and database design for any database management system; advanced proficiency in ETL development; advanced proficiency in infrastructure design, performance tuning and database administration.
If you think this position is a good fit for you, please reach out to me - feel free to call, text, or apply to this posting!