Sr. Network Engineer
Oakland, CA US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Sr. Network Engineer
Location: Oakland, CA (Hybrid)
This is NOT a C2C Position
Salary Range: 150k-170K
The Cloud Engineering team is a cross-functional group responsible for the advancement and support of our hybrid, multi-cloud presence. The Hybrid Cloud Network Engineer - Consultant will report to the Cloud Engineering team manager. In this role, you will have a broad and deep impact on how we achieve its business and technical goals by leveraging both cloud networking technologies in a multi-cloud environment within modern operating models and assisting private cloud network support teams with engineering and design activities as needed.
In this role, you will:
- Deploy and support scalable, secure, highly available, and reliable network infrastructure across a hybrid, multi-cloud presence (Azure, GCP, and AWS); analyze related technology requirements; develop and maintain procedures
- Support the migration of on-premises workloads to the cloud leveraging a cloud migration factory model approach; lead workload analysis and provide oversight
- Apply GitOps/IaC concepts and related tooling to execute operations (Version Control Systems, Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment, self-service automation platforms); contribute to future-state planning of tooling & processes.
- Collaborate across a multi-functional team (DevOps model) in support of a product-centric organization
- Contribute to the development of cloud governance decision-making and processes
- Assist on-premises network support teams with engineering and design activities as needed (including data center and WAN/LAN)
Your Knowledge and Experience
- 5+ years of hands-on administration experience of cloud networking services or relevant experience
- 5+ years experience in designing and troubleshooting large-scale Data Center Networks and WAN/LANs
- 5+ years of field experience in network administration and engineering
- 5+ years of hands-on operations and design experience with firewalls, load balancers, wireless access points/controllers, and DDI (DNS, DHCP, and IPAM solutions) or relevant experience
- Experience working in DevOps environments; knowledge of GitOps concepts
- 3+ years of hands-on programming/scripting (e.g., Python, Go, Ruby) and software configuration management experience (e.g., Ansible)
- Industry certifications preferred, such as Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Palo Alto, or F5
If you think this position is a good fit, please reach out to me - feel free to call, text, e-mail, or apply to this posting!