Sr. Oracle Database Developer
- The Purpose of Your Role Data Engineer in WI MAT is responsible for design and development of highly available data solutions that support Managed solutions applications that service our customers as well as our representatives.
- The data engineer will also be a technical lead for the team and has responsibility for solution design, solving key technical challenges and mentoring the team.
- If you are an experienced data engineer with a passion for designing and delivering data solutions and want to be a part of an exciting journey to work within one of our client' s most dynamic business areas, looking for a collaborative team environment where you will have a wealth of opportunities to innovate and have intellectual curiosity to learn, WI may be right for you!
- Managed accounts Technology group within Workplace Investing (WI) organization is seeking a Data Engineer to build and maintain the data eco system that supports its Managed accounts business area.
- In this role, you will apply a variety of technologies to develop innovative data solutions for a complex business.
- This position is a critical element to delivering our client' s promise of creating the best customer experiences in financial services.
The Expertise We’ re Looking For:
- Bachelor’ s or Master’ s Degree in a technology related field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) required.
- 8+ years of experience in implementing data solutions in an OLTP and ODS environment is required.
- Extensive Experience in Relational ( Oracle) and familiarity in NoSQL databases Cassandra (etc) is required.
- Extensive experience in ETL technologies (Informatica).
- Extensive experience in Shell scripting and Control M is required.
- AWS Cloud certification preferred.
- Strong knowledge of domain based design, data modeling and data structures.
- Strong knowledge of SOA.
- Strong knowledge of developing highly scalable distributed systems and three tiered application architecture.
- Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Solid experience in agile methodologies (Kanban and SCRUM).
- Strong knowledge of financial services or managed accounts a plus.
The Skills You Bring:
- Strong technical design and analysis skill.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work in fast paced environment.
- Deep experience supporting mission critical applications quickly.
- Excellent communication skills, both through written and verbal channels.
- Excellent collaboration skills to work with multiple teams in the organization.
- Ability to understand and adapt to changing business priorities and technology advancements.
- Strong knowledge and technology trends in implementing business applications.
- Strong team player and able to mentor junior team members.
- Strategic thinking and critical problem solving skills.
The Value You Deliver:
- Designing, Building and supporting mission critical data solutions for applications to provide the best customer experience.
- Exploring new technology trends and leveraging them to simplify and modernize our data ecosystem.
- Driving Innovation and influencing the team to implement solutions with future thinking.
- Collaborating with internal and external teams to deliver technology solutions for the business needs.
- Guiding teams to improve development agility and productivity.
- Resolving technical roadblocks to the team and mitigating potential risks.
- Delivering system automation by setting up continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines.
- Acting as a technical mentor to the team and bringing them up to speed on latest data technologies and promoting continuous learning.