Sr. Programmer Analyst
445 State Street Freemont, MI 49413 US
Duration: 6 Months Contract to Hire
Looking for someone in Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin – Remote with occasional on-site Meetings
Note This is NOT a C2C Position
- Program, job, procedure development of application, system, or components from design specification to complex business requirements and application development challenges. Acts as a member to a team of full-time architects and developers. Provides necessary input to technical documentation for and-off to all software engineers, developers and peer reviews all code and deliverables (60%).
- Demonstrate Program and Project management understanding adhering to timelines, established milestones, and provides testing and validation support.to ensure an end-state vision is realized. Ability to work across with peer developers and stakeholder representatives as part of a project delivery team. (20%)
- Provides all mainframe policy administration application support, coordinating with Management, Architect, Infrastructure, and IT teams to perform swift issue resolution and preventive measures to avoid back-office disruption (20%).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to grasp new concepts and apply them.
- Ability to work under multiple deadlines and minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and analyze customer requirements and provide appropriate solutions.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Demonstrated calm and professional demeanor when handling demanding situations.
- Proven experience in completing assigned tasks accurately and on a timely basis. Cite examples of project management experience in planning, executing, and maintaining a project from start to finish.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in developing and supporting mainframe and open systems business applications for large US corporations
- 10+ years of expert programming skills in COBOL, CICS, DB2, VSAM, JCL, & IBM utilities
- Experience with DB2 Stored procedures and utilities
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle using Waterfall and Scrum
- Experience in Individual insurance applications, preferred
- Experience in Mainframe CICS Web Services and comm area development
- Proficient in performance tuning mainframe applications
- Long hours spent in front of a PC collaborating, working on projects and support.
- Monthly weekday evening deployment support participation is required.
- Must be available 24 x 7 for Level II application production support emergencies.
- Remote working effectiveness for reliable and meaningful virtual collaboration throughout the entire day.
- Remote working demands constant personal status and calendar management using a variety of collaboration technologies (Microsoft Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint, WebEx, Outlook, Softphone, etc.).