Sr. Software Engineer
Two Liberty Place Philadelphia, PA 19192 US
Title: Senior Software Developer - AWS
NOTE: This position is a direct hire on W2, and is NOT open to C2C
The Software Engineer Provides counsel and advice to top management on significant Engineering matters, often requiring coordination between organizations. Designs and develops a consolidated, conformed enterprise data warehouse and data lake which store all critical data across Customer, Provider, Claims, Client and Benefits data. Manages processes that are highly complex and impact the greater organization. Designs, develops and implements methods, processes, tools and analyses to sift through large amounts of data stored in a data warehouse or data mart to find relationships and patterns. May lead or manage sizable projects. Participates in the delivery of the definitive enterprise information environment that enables strategic decision-making capabilities across enterprise via an analytics and reporting. Focuses on providing thought leadership and technical expertise across multiple disciplines. Recognized internally as “the go-to person” for the most complex Information Management assignments.
- The job position will report into the Provider Value Stream (PVS) solution architecture organization.
- This role will provide detail component architecture and oversee the detail design & development of these components.
- Solution architecture must support the various business needs of operational efficiency and affordability objectives.
- The system architect will partner with delivery leads and implement application development plans, performance and functional testing strategies and operational metrics collection.
- The system architect will help delivery team break down portfolio epics to program epics and feature definitions.
- The system Architect will collaborate with other provider solution architects to ensure alignment to other technology & business strategies within the provider domain.
- The system architect will design applications that are event driven, scalable, reliable and highly configurable. Individual should have strong understanding of business process engineering to deliver an application architecture that improves productivity, efficiency and operational costs.
- The system architect should have hands on development experience, and full understanding of the CICD pipeline for AWS and on-perm applications. Experience in designing and implementing ETL pipeline using Glue, PySpark & DataBricks
- 3+ years of Application/Solution Architecture experience
- AWS development experience, Python Lamda, Glue ETL, Elastic Search
- Experience in implementing solutions using AWS services like EC2, Lambda, EMR, VPC, EBS, SNS, RDS, Dynamo DB, ELB, Cloud Watch, Cloud trail, Auto. Scaling, S3, and Route53
- AWS event driven Architecture
- Hands on development experience with DataBricks and Airflow
- Implementing Security best practices using AWS IAM
- Understanding Boto3 scripting and security features
- Strong understanding of Hadoop/Spark and hands on experience
- Knowledge of authentication methods, OAUTH, JWT and Basic AUTH.
- Experience with building POCs that are operationalized.
- Knowledge on MDM strategies
- 5+ years of full stack developer experience a plus
- Expertise in SOA, RESTful API, Microservice, integration architecture and Design
- Technical Writing
- Data Architecture
- Performance Engineering experience
- Strong SQL skills
- Strategic thinking
- Experience with large scale backend data processing
- Event and Rule based application development experience.
Deliverables will include
- Detail design architectures to support application development.
- Application development road map
- Nonfunctional requirement definition
- Executive level architecture presentations
- Operational readiness review
- Code review and feedback
- Performance test plan development
If you think this position is a good fit for you, please reach out to me - feel free e-mail me, or apply to this posting!