San Diego, CA US
This is NOT a C2C Position
San Diego, CA
A Systems Engineer in this role is responsible for using their broad technical expertise, leadership skills, and product development knowledge to provide Systems leadership through various phases of product life cycle. This Systems Engineer translates voice of customer and stakeholder needs into system and product requirements, identifies potential hazards and assess requirements to ensure that the product meets the user/business needs, develops design and process specifications for new hardware and software products, aids in product verification and validation, and provides support in sustaining activities. The expectation for an Engineer II, Systems Engineer is that they regularly serve on smaller project core teams, act as a leader of technical excellence, and participate as an agent for continuous improvement within the Systems Engineering function. As such they are expected to help identify tasks/resources to ensure that critical project milestones are met and systems integration activities are identified and fulfilled.
What is expected of you for success in your role?
• Working knowledge of product development lifecycle
• Leads system/product-level feasibility and risks assessments
• Facilitates cross-functional knowledge and experiences to promote the understanding and resolution of in-market and product development issues
• Responsible for coordination of system-level product development and its integration
• Serves as a resource to examine system behavior issues and bring to resolution for on-market products
• Identifies opportunities and drives continuous improvement efforts
• Applies DFSS best practices on all projects.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering. A post graduate degree is preferred.
• At least 5 years related work experience required (combination of work experience and advanced degrees).
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Ability to lead multi-discipline engineering teams.
• A strong technical background within Systems Engineering, medical device development, or similar
• Experience with Systems Engineering and requirements management.
• Familiar with systems integration and testing, system architectural planning and design, Reliability Engineering, Project Management, and Failure Modes Effects Analysis.
• DFSS knowledge and experience or statistical test design and analysis knowledge or Critical Parameter Management.
• Excellent communication skills with the following departments: interdepartmental (with fellow engineers), cross-functional (with Marketing, Clinical Representatives, Software Engineers, Test Engineers, and Quality Engineers)
• Must have very strong writing skills.
• Attention to detail paramount.
• Identified opportunities for continuous improvement projects/efforts.
• Experience working within an agile environment a plus.
If you think this position is a good fit, please reach out to me - feel free to call, text, e-mail, or apply to this posting!