Tech 2, Equipment Maintenance
7 Grace Way Canaan, CT 06018 US
A-Line staffing is hiring a Machine Operator and Maintenance this position has career growth potential with full time / 40+ hours per week.
If interested in this Machine Operator and Maintenance position APPLY NOW for IMMEDIATE consideration
Machine Operator and Maintenance Summary and Highlights:
The Machine Tech will set-up and operate machines to manufacture product which conforms to quality specifications, at the rated output.
- This position is a contract assignment with potential to hire on permanently based upon attendance, performance, and business needs
- Benefits are available to full-time employees after 90 days of employment and include health, optical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance
- A 401(k) with a company match is available for full-time employees with 1 year of service on our eligibility dates
Machine Operator and Maintenance Details and Compensation:
- Location: Canaan, CT– 100% on site
- Payrate: $23/hr
- Required Availability: 7a to 7p
Machine Operator and Maintenance Responsibilities:
- Continually monitor operations for product quality and equipment performance including final QC lot acceptance.
- Notify QC Representative and cell leader/shift supervisor of quality problems
- Repair, adjust and trouble-shoot machinery, including dismantling, replacement of parts and reassembling. Seek assistance, as necessary, from people outside the department (engineers, controls group, tool room, etc.).
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all products produced in the department, raw materials required, and product quality specifications.
- Maintain accurate documentation (PPH, scrap/waste, SAP and MES transactions, etc.)
- Maintain clean and organized work area.
- Support production by delivering raw materials, supplies and spare parts to the production line as needed.
- Notify facilitator/shift lead/shift supervisor of issues with equipment or operators and help to develop corrective strategy.
- Perform PM tasks assigned by facilitator. Work with the process techs to complete PM tasks and coordinate completion of additional repairs during PM time.
- Determine critical machine repair components and maintain inventory in Parts Crib.
- Keep machinery, work area and floors neat and orderly and comply with GMP requirements.
- Propose process improvements to improve cost, efficiency, quality, and productivity of equipment while maintaining change control
- Must be familiar with all relevant controlled documents (Work Instructions, Forms, etc.), preventative maintenance task lists and equipment manuals which pertain to operation of all equipment on the line.
- Proactively participate in safety and continuous improvement activities within work area and provide instruction to operators on Behavior Based Safety procedures.
- Executes additional duties as required by facilitator/shift lead/shift supervisor
- May be required to correct problems during off shifts and on a call-in basis.
- Ensure efficient shift transfer through effective communication.
- Participate fully to achieve department’s safety goals.
- Debrief accidents and implement solutions to eliminate root cause.
- Other duties as assigned
Machine Operator and Maintenance Requirements:
- Verifiable High School Diploma or equivalent
- Attendance mandatory for first 90 days
- 2+ years of industrial/manufacturing experience
If interested in this Machine Operator and Maintenance position apply now, text, or email for IMMEDIATE consideration