Technical Delivery Manager / Scrum Master
Charlotte, NC 28202 US
Location: Charlotte, NC
Rate: 50-60/hr on w-2
• Experience managing/driving cross-functional software projects
• Ability to navigate enterprise complexities to solve problems
• Agile Scrum Master who goes above and beyond facilitating ceremonies
The Agile Delivery Leader is an Agile subject matter expert who is responsible for leading value-driven delivery on one or more Scrum/Kanban teams while ensuring that we are meeting our customer’s needs and expectations. The ADL is responsible for fostering an environment where the engineering teams can deliver high-quality, valuable software. The ADL is a thought and organizational leader, trusted to work in a self-directed manner, yet in collaboration with their peers.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Is a leader who drives business value through best-in-class team and team-of-teams execution
• Works to understand team “blind spots” and weaknesses, and develops plan(s) to address
• Identifies risks and escalates as necessary for assistance to resolve
• Thoroughly understands the product and initiatives the team is working on
• Tracks the dependencies (both incoming & outcoming) to ensure smooth execution, minimizing delays
• Knows when to adjust the ceremonies to match the need/style/maturity of the squad
• Proactively identifies and resolves impediments that slow development or prevent the team from meeting established goals.
• Continuously seeks to identify bottlenecks to optimize the overall flow of work.
• Build trust and strong relationships with internal/external stakeholders through clear communication and expectation setting
• Holds the team accountable for their responsibilities in defining project readiness and vision, user story writing, story mapping, prioritization techniques, feedback loops, etc.
• Leads collaborative, dynamic planning process – prioritizing the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team.
• Has responsibility for helping to ensure there is a well-managed (“DEEP”) product backlog with PO/PM, and coaching/training where needed for the PO/PM.
• Leverage tools such as Jira to develop and maintain relevant information radiators for tracking, measuring, and reporting on metrics such as team maturity, team happiness, the effectiveness of agile processes, team throughput/velocity, portfolio health
• Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for 5+ years year for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
• Has been accountable for delivery of a full body of work, partnering with dependent teams to build plans and execute against them
• Has a deep understanding of the strengths of different Agile approaches and when they should be used, such as Scrum and Kanban
• Highly communicative; ability to communicate across different levels (ex: Executive Leadership) of the organization with confidence
• Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
• Very diverse and profound set of communications skills. Can communicate effectively and easily with Developers, Partners and Executives.
Preferred Skills / Experience
• Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
• Software product development experience
• Experience executing process change management techniques
If interested in this role, please apply to this posting or reach out to email@example.com