Traveling Director of Nursing
Indianapolis, IN 46201 US
Traveling Director of Nursing – DON
Psychiatric Nurse BSN - MSN
Salary Range - negotiable
Work Schedule: M-F, rotating call coverage
Oversees: both 23 bed in Cincinnati and 14 Bed in Wilmington
Must have 4 yrs in-patient psych experience
Education: BSN, MSN preferred.
Experience: 4 years of Experience in a psychiatric facility. Managerial experience.
Benefits for the Director of Nurses / DON include:
- Quarterly bonus
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long and short-term disability option
- 401 (k)
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement
This is a short-term, inpatient geri-psychiatric facility that focuses on the mental health needs of our seniors. Our dedicated staff provides specialized and compassionate psychiatric care for our vulnerable, aging patients. Our fast-growing health system provides cutting edge treatment for an expansive patient population, with a focus on quality of care for the patients we serve. For that reason, we offer a 1:8 ratio of patients to RN, competitive pay and shift differentials, free meals for staff, and tuition reimbursement.
Are you an experienced psychiatric nurse who is ready for a dynamic career? Are you a proven leader and consistently a top performer? Our fast-growing system is looking for the highest caliber candidate to be the Director of Nursing.
Description of Position:
The Director of Nursing is responsible for day to day clinical operations of the 28-bed unit. This individual will direct and supervise the work and service provided by the nursing staff, ensuring quality of care. The Director of Nursing reports to the Chief Executive Officer and will be responsible for administrative duties—from hiring/training staff to shift assignment to ensure coverage. The candidate will have psychiatric experience, extensive experience in patient care, as well as staffing, resource, and fiscal management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Efficiently and effectively plans, organizes, directs, and helps implement the comprehensive institution-wide nursing program
- Facilitates cooperative effort amongst all disciplines as it relates to patient care.
- Maintains compliance with established departmental policies, procedures and objectives, quality assessment and improvement programs, and safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Helps create, direct, and implements an effective, ongoing program to measure, analyze, and improve the quality of nursing care, treatment and services.
- DON evaluates data and makes institutional changes to improve Quality Indicators and Quality Measures scores.
- Develops, implements, monitors and adapts quality measures for the hospital to ensure patient/customer satisfaction and that patients receive clinically appropriate treatment outcomes.
- Maintains the standards of nursing practice within the institution.
- Assists in assigning staff, evaluating performance, and making recommendations for personnel actions.
- Assists in the implementation and use of standardized equipment and procedures for their use throughout the facility, when possible. Assists with care and maintenance of patient care equipment and supplies.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, research activities, in-service meetings, and workshops.
- Attends meetings as required. Participates in medical, administrative and educational, hazardous waste, safety, wellness, pharmacy and therapeutics, integrated care, and infection control committees as directed.
- Reviews all Incident Reports for completeness and properly reports incidents to the relevant associates and colleagues.
- Communicates key information to associates and colleagues in an effort to enhance teamwork to achieve the necessary change and adaption to the healthcare environment.
- Demonstrates knowledge and respects patient, service provider, organizational confidentiality and HIPAA procedures and protocols. Follows established HIPAA procedures when using and/or disclosing protected health information. Maintains and protects patients’ rights under the HIPAA Privacy Standards
- Excellent communication, leadership, and mentoring skills.
- Demonstrates competency to participate in interdisciplinary treatment teams.