Unemployment Coordinator / Human Resources Assistant
7529 Auburn Road Utica, MI 48317
- This is a part-time internal position with A-Line Staffing Solutions, a high-volume staffing agency located in Utica, MI.
- The Unemployment Coordinator will report to the HR Team Lead, work part time and have fixed hours.
- The Unemployment Coordinator/Human Resources Assistant is the front-line resource for handling all of the unemployment claims and hearings for the different states we staff in.
- The number one responsibility of this position will be to process and investigate the various claims the state agencies send to A-Line Staffing.
- There will be other HR responsibilities, some detailed below, and some that will arise as needed.
- Monday – Friday • 10: 00am-2: 30pm (Sample Preferred Schedule).
- Hourly Rate: $15
- We can be flexible on the daily schedule, but will need to be here M-F.
- 24 hours per week.
- Process and investigate claims.
- Research, survey, and provide follow up when necessary.
- Perform data entry into systems with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ensure claim information is accurately entered into the claims processing system.
- Scan, organize, and file documentation.
- Reduce the financial impact overall of the unemployment compensation claims.
- Accurately track the determinations and analyze what work and what doesn’ t for the various states.
- Maintain spreadsheets and our internal database.
- Handle various HR Tasks as needed such as employment verifications, I-9 compliance, and other critical HR functions.
- Maintain electronic and physical personnel files.
- Keep excellent documentation on any correspondence to and about employees.
- Answer phones in a high-volume setting.
- Assist in worker’ s compensation.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Previous Unemployment Experience Preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Results driven.
- High level of organization.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Internal drive to succeed.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Must type 50+ WPM.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook.