100 Scenic View Drive Cumberland, RI 02864
- Responsible for scheduling Providers and any ancillary staff to ensure adequate market coverage with the goal of keeping the clinics open 100% of the time.
- The Workforce Scheduler must be able to schedule and look at overtime and needs of clinic and understand the dynamic work environment and unique staffing needs of retail health clinics.
- The Scheduler will work with their direct supervisor, the market leadership, and staff to analyze market-level scheduling and financial reports related to staffing & scheduling.
- The Workforce Scheduler will be required to provide limited weekend coverage and will require scheduling flexibility to support Clinics in different time zones.
- Ensures that all clinics in a geographical region are staffed completely while minimizing OT and maximizing the combination of clinical and non-clinical hours to ensure financial profitability.
- Responsible for scheduling and coordinating the work schedules of Providers and ancillary staff using a scheduling tool or related software and other sources for multiple districts/states.
- The scheduler will be responsible for scheduling established markets that have established a rotating schedule.
- The scheduler will help support all markets with on call duties and replacement of staff as needed.
- Works with the Clinic Coordinators to obtain Provider and ancillary staff schedules according to market-specific staffing and scheduling procedures.
- Responsible for placing Providers and any ancillary staff in open shifts caused by vacations, sick days, disability leave, jury duty, and no shows.
- Within the guidelines of authorized Company policies and procedures and good business ethics schedulers direct and coordinates and controls the activities plans and programs of the immediate Staff.
- Assists market leadership in approving PTO and any OT.
- Creates and releases the work schedule for Providers and any ancillary staff
- Coordinates schedules with the market Leadership to find Providers to fill open shifts. caused by last minute vacancies while minimizing overtime.
- Responsible for identifying and assigning Providers and MCs to replace call-ins.
- Other duties as required for the appropriate staffing of clinics.
- Previous scheduling in a medical environment preferred.
- Customer-service oriented
- Ability to work independently or with others in a fast paced environment with constant interruptions.
- Ability to prioritize organize great attention to detail and ability to use critical thinking skills under pressure a must.
- Must be deadline-oriented.
- Professional attitude superior communication skills and proven record of delivering exceptional customer service and ability to negotiate (1 or more years of demonstrated customer service experience preferred).
- Comfortable navigating web based applications sites; use of related scheduling software systems in the past preferred.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic computer issues knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to work independently in a virtual environment.
- Warm, friendly, personality a must.
- Education: High School diploma/GED required.
For more information on this position, please contact our office at 877-782-3334. EXT 242